[Nut-upsdev] Totally beyond me

john hart jsamcr at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 13 23:59:22 UTC 2015

As an update to my first message, sent July 13, I am totally out of my league.I installed nut (apt-get install nut) on Debian Jessie.  Went through the process of modifying ups.conf and copied the udev ( cp /lib/udev/rules.d/52-nut-usbups.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/ )
When I ran  upsdrvctl start  I got a message about the usbhid-ups driver.  It appears that NUTis not configured with the driver.  The instructions in the man page is all greek to me.  As I said before, I am not a programmer.  I suspect that NUT might need to be compiled with thatdriver, but I really don't know.  Any instructions would have to be written so that ANYBODYcould follow them, not just programmers.  So I think it best if I just forget about the whole thing.
I'm sure your software is great, but not for a noob !
John
 "Science is organized common sense. Philosophy is organized piffle"
-attributed to Bertrand Russel