[Nut-upsdev] AsiumPower Asium P700 UPS

john hart jsamcr at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 13 21:42:35 UTC 2015

Looking for some help with this UPS.  I am running Debian Jessie 8.1 (32 bit).  I live inCosta Rica so UPS purchase options, in my price range, are fairly slim.  I purchased thereferenced UPS, which works with WinPower software, but am really hesitant to installWinPower as I don't know how it might affect things and don't want to break the system.
When I was still running Wheezy, I installed NUT and went through the set up process, selecting the usbhid-ups driver. When I executed   upsdrvctl start  I got a message that the device was not found, so I changed the driver to blazer_usb and got a message that the device was usbhid .  I also had installed WinPower on my Wheezy platform and that softwareseemed to work.  However, there were some issues and my desktop (LXDE) would occasionally crash, so I uninstalled Winpower. Several things were left behind, which is what makes me uneasy about installing it again.
Since upgrading to Jessie I have not re-installed NUT so I unfortunately do not have available the exact messages that I received when I executed  upsdrvctl start .
I am not a programmer, so I would be totally lost trying to write a driver for this UPS.
Has anybody had experience with the referenced UPS and might be able to help with this.  If requested, I can install NUT and try to get the info needed.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
John "Science is organized common sense. Philosophy is organized piffle"
-attributed to Bertrand Russel