[Nut-upsdev] New sub-driver submission process timeframe?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 13:22:58 UTC 2015

On Mar 9, 2015, at 9:09 AM, Rob Groner <rgroner at RTD.com> wrote:

> I don’t have any problem with pointing customers to a branch they can clone via git and compile.

I know this sounds pedantic, but while the snapshots correspond to specific branches and commits in git, they are simpler for end users to build than the git branches, since they include the ./configure script and a few other pre-built (text) files.

Case in point: with nothing extra installed (aside from user conveniences like bash and sudo), I was able to build a basic version of NUT from a snapshot .tar.gz on a newly-installed FreeBSD box, while building a new snapshot from the git master branch required autoconf, automake, libtool, asciidoc, and its host of dependencies.

If you do repackage 2.7.2, please add something to the version number (e.g. 2.7.2-RTD) to indicate that it is patched.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail