[Nut-upsdev] (Tuncmatic returns FSD all the time)

hyouko at gmail.com hyouko at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 22:43:03 UTC 2015

> On Mar 16, 2015, at 12:26 PM, cinowell <cinowell at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've done all the steps. However FSD indication did NOT disappear. So it seems UPS always send the FSD flag.

One thing more.

Can you launch the driver with a debug level of 3 and then report back
the log (gzipped) of the same procedure suggested by Charles (extended
a bit as follows)?

i.e.:

1) Power down, and disconnect the UPS USB cable from the computer.
2) Power up the computer attached to a different UPS or wall outlet
3) Turn the UPS on
4) Kill the upsmon process (this will prevent automatic shutdown)
5) Plug the UPS USB cable back in
5.1) Kill the blazer_usb process (if any) and issue (as root):
blazer_usb -a ups -DDD >> /path/to/my/precious/log 2>&1
(keep it running till the test is over - this is the log we are after)
6) Turn the UPS off
6.1) Turn the UPS on

[Me too, I'm inclined to see it as a bogus value (in the old megatec
driver there was the 'ignoreoff' option that dealed with it - although
the value was mapped as an on/off status rather than the actual
'shutdown active'), but the 7th bit of the status byte should change
only while the UPS is shutting down and then be back at its original
value: if you turned off the UPS with a button (and this is likely as
the UPS has a VID:PID of 0001:0000 and so, since no overridding
'subdriver' parameter is passed to the driver, it should use the
'krauler' subdriver, which doesn't implement the shutdown commands)
and checked the upsc output only after the UPS had already turned off
the load, then you wouldn't have noticed the change.]