[Nut-upsdev] UPS commands

Rob Groner rgroner at RTD.com
Mon Mar 23 14:33:30 UTC 2015

Ok, so the reason I keep asking about this is in case I have to actually implement this in our UPS.

I meant that a human could power the UPS back on. Nearly all of the UPSes I have worked on have momentary power buttons (either toggle on/off, or a pair of on and off buttons).

So, when a power-off-stay-off comes through, then the UPS *itself* shuts down as well, and essentially goes into a soft-off that won't respond to resumed AC power from the wall outlet?  And when the UPS *does* get powered back on (via a button press), then the power outlet for the PC will come back on as well....  I see.  So the UPS basically has an "ignore the wall power" flag that gets set when you tell it stayoff, and for poweroff-return, it wouldn't ignore wall power, and so would come back on when AC is restored.

I understand now (I think).  Thank you for your patience in explaining.

Sincerely,
Rob Groner

Software Engineer
RTD Embedded Technologies, Inc.