[Nut-upsdev] lost communication with UPS

john hart jsamcr at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 21 15:36:21 UTC 2015

Greetings.  I have been using NUT for some time now and have not had any issues until yesterday.  I was trying to get my NOTIFYCMD script working and was making modifications to upsmon.conf .  After making the mod to upsmon.conf I invoked upsmon -c reload and a few minutes later the system shut down.  There was a loss of communications with the UPS.  I have an Asium P700 UPS and use the blazer_usb driver.
Was this loss of communication something that "just happens sometimes" , is it a potential issue with the blazer_usb driver, or was it due to my reloading upsmon?

As I said, thanks to all the help I received from Charles Lepple, I was able to get this UPS working, and it has worked fine for many months. I know that there is, or will be, an updated driver to replace the blazer_usb driver but I am somewhat dependent on updates as provided from the Debian repositories.  I am running Wheezy 7.9 and am NOT a programmer so I am not comfortable with the idea of downloading source code and compiling it.  Don't really want to upgrade to Debian Jessie as there are older packages that I use that are not available in Jessie, and I don't like mixing packages across distributions.

I have previously sent my nut configuration files but will be happy to do so again if requested.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Long Live France !!!!
 I'm not irrational, I'm just quantum probabilistic.