[Nut-upsdev] nut-git reporting 24 Volts with CP1350PFCLCD -- is that correct?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Dec 7 18:35:51 UTC 2016

Arjen, all,

  I just built and installed network-ups-tools-git-v2.7.4.r161.g7bf209a on
Archlinux for a CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD ups. After hitting the FAQ 29. "My USB
UPS is supported but doesn’t work!" udev issue because the UPS was plugged in
when nut was installed bug, running upsc I get:

battery.charge: 100
battery.charge.low: 10
battery.charge.warning: 20
battery.mfr.date: CPS
battery.runtime: 3450
battery.runtime.low: 300
battery.type: PbAcid
battery.voltage: 24.0
battery.voltage.nominal: 24
device.mfr: CPS
device.model: CP1350PFCLCD
device.serial: 000000000000
device.type: ups
driver.name: usbhid-ups
driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: /dev/hiddev0
driver.parameter.synchronous: no
driver.version: 2.7.4-161-g7bf209a
driver.version.data: CyberPower HID 0.4
driver.version.internal: 0.42
input.transfer.high: 139
input.transfer.low: 88
input.voltage: 121.0
input.voltage.nominal: 120
output.voltage: 137.0
ups.beeper.status: enabled
ups.delay.shutdown: 20
ups.delay.start: 30
ups.load: 11
ups.mfr: CPS
ups.model: CP1350PFCLCD
ups.productid: 0501
ups.realpower.nominal: 810
ups.serial: 000000000000
ups.status: OL
ups.test.result: No test initiated
ups.timer.shutdown: -60
ups.timer.start: -60
ups.vendorid: 0764

Really??

battery.voltage: 24.0
battery.voltage.nominal: 24

That looks suspicious like there is a scaling issue (unless there are two
batteries in series in this thing). Also I woulds suspect 'battery.voltage' to
be 26.x if that was the case with new batteries. What say the nut experts? Is
this right? If not, what can I send you to help with the scaling? I recall
running tests and capturing data for Arjen 8-9 years ago with another
CyberPower CP1000AVRLCD that allowed the voltage to be set correctly. I don't
know if that is needed with this model as well. If so, let me know (and remind
me what you need -- it's been a while), and I'm happy to send it.

Note: https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues/140 referenced in FAQ 29
is NOT fixed. I just did a fresh pull and build from today's git source, and I
was still bitten by this bug (unplugged and replugged the usb cable and all
was well)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.