[Nut-upsdev] updating the NUT website

hyouko at gmail.com hyouko at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 23:47:24 UTC 2016

> However, this was not an error I was expecting to see when rebuilding:
>
>    http://buildbot.networkupstools.org/public/nut/builders/Debian-website/builds/55/steps/shell/logs/stdio
>    [...]
>    Makefile:796: *** target pattern contains no '%'.  Stop.
>
> Any ideas?

I think we don't support colons in names of files and dirs:
- https://github.com/networkupstools/nut-ddl/commit/3a68bbdfc6e3274aad027707d71f8a77fdbaa12d
- https://github.com/networkupstools/nut-ddl/commit/3861afc614490f2a626059514b47011c754bd27c

Tomorrow (now I can't keep my eyes open) I'll address that: we can
either add colons to the list of unsupported characters (
https://github.com/networkupstools/nut-ddl#a-message-to-you-rudy ) and
rename those 2 files, or try to escape them - preferences?

> Also, what do I do afterwards to push to GitHub?

I think that it should be enough to rsync (deleting files not present
in source dir from destination dir, but excluding '/.git/', '/CNAME',
'/source/' and '/package/') the generated 'output' directory to the
dir coupled with 'networkupstools.github.io' repository, go to that
dir, git add/commit, then push to GitHub.

Tangentially, I still think that we should move 'source' and 'package'
dirs to their own repositories and add them as submodules of
'nut-website', then we will not need to ignore those two dirs and we
should be able to generate indices for them and further automate the
release process, something like this:
https://github.com/zykh/nut-website/tree/source-package (with 'source'
and 'package' added as dirs/submodules).