[Nut-upsdev] CyberPower SX650G no driver.

Raymond Day raymondday at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 18 12:21:22 UTC 2016

Hi. I have this this on a Odroid-u2 backing it up. Have the USB from the
CyberPower SX650G plug in the Odroid-u2 and when I do a lsusb it looks
like this:

Bus 001 Device 008: ID 0764:0501 Cyber Power System, Inc. CP1500 AVR UPS

The User's Manual list SE450G and SX650G. So I guess they would take the
same driver.

CyberPower web page has a driver but it's for i386 not ARM like what's
on this Odroid-u2.

The best I found was putting "driver =usbhid-ups" in the
/etc/nut/ups.conf file. It looks like this at the end of that file:

# To find out if your driver supports any extra settings, start it with
# the -h option and/or read the driver's documentation.
[serverups]
     driver = usbhid-ups
     port = auto
     desc = "Server UPS"
#   productid = "CP1500 AVR UPS"

Here is what I get on the command line:

root at odroid-u2:~# upsdrvctl start
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.6.4
Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.37 (2.6.4)
USB communication driver 0.31
Duplicate driver instance detected! Terminating other driver!
Using subdriver: CyberPower HID 0.3
root at odroid-u2:~# upsc apc at localhost
Error: Unknown UPS
root at odroid-u2:~#

So just "Error: Unknown UPS"

Any one else got this working with this CyberPower unit?

-Raymond Day