[Nut-upsdev] NUT namespace: RFC for new variable addition

Arnaud Quette arnaud.quette at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 07:00:01 UTC 2017

Hi all,

here is another variable addition, related to iPDU, that I'd like to make:
outlet.n.name                  | Outlet name (opaque string) | A1

For the sake of completion, we already have "outlet.n.desc" which is more
of a description, as per its name.

At Eaton, we implement:
* outlet.n.name as the physical name of the outlet, related to the group of
the outlet.
For example, the first outlet of the 2nd group (named "B") will be "B1"
* outlet.n.desc as the friendly name of the outlet, which can be changed by
the user.
For example, the first outlet of the 2nd group (named "B") will be "Outlet
B1".
But user may change it to reflect the name of the device powered by this
outlet.

Comments and feedback warmly welcome.
Please however note that I'll be pushing the related commit, since it seem
trivial.

cheers,
Arno
--
Eaton Data Center Automation Solutions - Opensource Leader -
http://42ity.org