[Nut-upsdev] NUT namespace: RFC for new variable addition

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 11:34:43 UTC 2017

On Aug 4, 2017, at 3:00 AM, Arnaud Quette <arnaud.quette at gmail.com> wrote:

> Comments and feedback warmly welcome.
> Please however note that I'll be pushing the related commit, since it seem trivial.

It does sound trivial, but do we have that sort of information for other PDUs, and if not, how should names be represented in a GUI if outlet.n.name isn't present?

Also, there were some dstate changes a while back, and I didn't fully understand the need for them. Weren't they related to the volume of updates for PDUs? Is that more related to the total number of bytes, or number of variables? Should we be looking at alternate ways to represent updates, since the outlet names and descriptions will change so infrequently compared to other variables?