[Nut-upsdev] Proposed new documentation "Configuration Examples"

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Wed Jun 21 16:04:24 UTC 2017

On June 21, 2017 5:26:47 PM GMT+02:00, Tim Dawson <tadawson at tpcsvc.com> wrote:
>My thought of #2 require none of that . . . I have a server with two
>supplies, and two UPS units. One supply is on each UPS, and clients are
>distributed otherwise to balance. The main thing is to ensure that it
>is documented accurately how to config so that the server only shuts
>down when the *second* unit hits low battery . . .  I found the info on
>this topic almost nonexistent at present . . .
>
>- Tim
>
>On June 21, 2017 4:38:53 AM CDT, Roger Price <roger at rogerprice.org>
>wrote:
>>On Tue, 13 Jun 2017, Tim Dawson wrote:
>>
>>> Allow me to suggest a couple more sample configs: 1) Server as UPS
>>> controller with clients that are also on UPS, considering shutdown
>>> sequencing and
>>
>>It would be good to add this, but I lack the depth of understanding
>>needed
>>to write a tutorial.  For example I do not understand the "magic" of
>>shutdown sequencing.
>>
>>> 2) Multi power supply server with multiple UPS (with or without
>>> clients).
>>
>>A tutorial to cover this needs to talk about cabling, automatic
>>transfer
>>switches, the management of possibly brutal phase shifting and other
>>electrical engineering problems as well as the nut configuration.
>It's
>>an
>>interesting subject, but well beyond my experience.
>>
>>If you would like to draft a chapter, I would be happy to include it.
>>simple ascii file with no formatting or markup is sufficient.
>>
>>Roger

That example is rather simple and is covered in original NUT docs and/or example config-file comments. Set up two driver sections in ups.conf, and an upsmon with two MONITOR entries powering one PSU each, and a single required power supply. That's about it.

Jim
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Redmi Android