[Nut-upsdev] Corrected Link: USB Usage Tables for HID on https://networkupstools.org/ups-protocols.html

Clement B. Edgar III cb at cbedgar.com
Wed Dec 19 15:52:01 GMT 2018

I hope this feedback will be helpful.

In the developers documentation on networkupstools.org, there is broken link to a helpful document on usb.org.  I have tracked down the new location.  If you could please update the link, so visitors could find their information more quickly.

Here are the details:

On the page:
    https://networkupstools.org/ups-protocols.html
Under the heading:
    Standard protocols
        USB/HID Power Devices Class
            USB Usage Tables for HID Power Devices (offsite PDF, 351K)
This the bad link:
    -> http://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs/pdcv10.pdf
        ( which goes to "Developers / Page Not Found" at usb.org )
The link should probably be changed to
    -> https://www.usb.org/document-library/power-device-class-document-10
        ( as the referral page on www.usb.org for the document )

The link to actual document is
    -> https://usb.org.10-1-108-210.causewaynow.com/sites/default/files/pdcv10.pdf
	( but I think it is better to link to the referral page.
Note: the SSL certificates for the causewaynow.com link are not set up correctly; a valid usb.org certificate is trying to protect the causewaynow.com link which causes errors and warnings.  But the usb.org site is fine, and the causewaynow.com site seems to be just a repository for the referenced documents.