[Nut-upsdev] Adding drivers to NUT?

Gabriele TAORMINA gabriele.taormina at legrand.com
Wed Jul 18 09:10:05 BST 2018

Dear Daniele,

I'm trying to create a subdriver for 'nutdrv_qx' instead of modifying the Blazer as you suggested, but i honestly don't understand how to integrate usb-serial devices (some of our UPSs have USB but serial protocol Q1). i understand the serial version but not the USB one.

i also checked the "Claim" function, but i can't see drivers that uses the VID and PID to match the device (for nutdrv_qx).

if you have the name of a usb driver for nutdrv_qx could be really helpful and i will study on top of it, otherwise if you have any docs regarding this please send me the link!

I also checked the nutdrv_qx.c and i found "Krauler subdriver", but i'm not sure how it works.

thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Gabriele Taormina