[Nut-upsdev] UPS CYBERPOWER CP1300EPFCLCD MISSING FROMCOMPATIBILITY LIST

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 14:32:54 UTC 2018

On Mar 10, 2018, at 12:40 AM, Ron J Taylor wrote:

> Hi
> I have just purchased a Cyberpower CP1300EPFCLCD UPS.
>
> It is not listed in your Compatibility List http://networkupstools.org/stable-hcl.html

Thanks, we'll add that to the list. We have a few updates queued up for when we cut the next release, and one of them is a similar model:

   http://new.networkupstools.org/ddl/Cyber_Power_Systems/CP1500EPFCLCD.html

Note that the EPFCLCD models seem to have some of the same issues as the PFCLCD models:

   http://new.networkupstools.org/ddl/Cyber_Power_Systems/CP1500PFCLCD.html

There are enough Cyber Power quirks that they get their own category in our issue tracker :-)

   https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/labels/CyberPower%20%28CPS%29

> Everything works pretty well with the exception of two values.  The Battery Voltage should be 24V as it’s a 2 x 12V system connected in series.

I'm not sure there's much we can do about this one. The UPS publishes a dummy value (sometimes shows up as 16V, sometimes the same as the nominal voltage), but I have heard that even the CyberPower software doesn't have a way to report the battery voltage.

>  The OUTPUT voltage should be about 240-245V but is shown about 260 and I have seen values up to 265V
> I have checked the OUTPUT VOLTAGE on the UPS front panel and it’s showing the correct value, that is if the input voltage is 242V then the panel is showing 242V as output voltage.

It should be possible to fix this one at some point:

   https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues/439

We just got a contribution of some code to be able to patch the descriptor data coming back from the UPS, but we would also need to adapt that to be specific to the Cyber Power devices. Not sure if that will make it into the next release, though.

> ups.timer.shutdown: -60
> ups.timer.start: -60

Your NAS firmware may take care of this, but you will want to make sure that your shutdown delay is greater than 60 seconds - the UPS only takes values in whole minutes, but NUT represents time in seconds (and rounds down, unfortunately).

Let us know if you have any other questions (be sure to use "Reply All" to include the mailing list).