[Nut-upsdev] [EXTERNAL] Re: Fixing Drops With SMART1500LCDXL & USB-HID Driver

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Wed Jun 19 07:39:11 BST 2019

On 6/19/19 5:59 AM, Charles Lepple wrote:

>> “The 62-nut-usbups.rules file looks pretty standard. Do you know if the changes to 42-usb-hd-pm.rules are needed? It seems like none of the USB devices would have the right permissions if 62-nut-usbups.rules isn't sufficient (though this happened in Debian once).”
>>
>> My means of testing wasn’t the most rigorous, but I did try to use variable isolation with these changes and some other changes. I could not make the drops stop without having all 3 of these changes present. I believe a web search lead me to this udev rule so I’ll dig up the link for context.
> This is starting to make sense, though. The link would be helpful, but no worries if you can't find it.
>
> I think you mentioned the CentOS version - which kernel version does that run? ("uname -r" is probably sufficient)

CentOS 7x uses RedHat's idea of 3.10.0 .. which means it's a heavily
patched 3.10. And by heavily I mean that in the 4 years since RHEL 7 was
released, they added tons ( literally thousands ) of backports from
4.xx, including from 4.18

Latest available kernel in the CentOS 7.6 line is 3.10.0-957.21.2 but
today we will probably release 3.10.0-957.21.3 which includes the fix
for TCP SACK.

The public beta of RHEL 7.7 uses 3.10.0-1049 but 7.7 GA will certainly
use a newer release. I have already in use a beta of 3.10.0-1055