[Nut-upsdev] [Nut-upsuser] LibUSB-1.0+0.1 testing wanted, NUT 2.7.5 pending

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Sun Dec 26 22:06:24 GMT 2021

Hello

I've packaged
https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/tree/fightwarn-libusb-1.0+0.1 for
EL7 and uploaded the resulting rpms to
https://wolfy.fedorapeople.org/nut-2.7.5-0.nut_fightwarn/
These packages are built against stock libusb i.e. compatible with
libusb-0.1. Minimal testing shows them as functional but as always, YMMV.
I had to disable support for i2c, it triggered some build errors and I
am in no mood to debug them.

As a sidenote, upsc reports 2.7.4.1 not 2.7.5 so probably I should
rename the packages as well:
[wolfy at wolfy epel-7-x86_64]$ which upsc
/usr/bin/upsc
[wolfy at wolfy epel-7-x86_64]$ rpm -qf /usr/bin/upsc
nut-client-2.7.5-0.nut_fightwarn_libusb.wolfy.x86_64
[wolfy at wolfy epel-7-x86_64]$ upsc -V
Network UPS Tools upscmd 2.7.4.1

I'll try to build another set of packages against libusbx aka EL7's
libusb-1.0

Manuel