[Nut-upsdev] Add support for Ablerex Dk+ #979

Jim Klimov jimklimov at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 10:26:21 GMT 2021

Hello,

Yes, in fact there were two things.

One was that a week ago I posted some documentation updates into your PR
(e.g. for acknowledgements) and asked you to confirm they sit well with
you, and hoped that's it.

Unfortunately, I was now reminded that extending the blazer_usb driver was
not a good approach - it was (poorly, fixing that) documented as heading to
obsoletion and eventual removal from codebase. Various drivers for Qx
protocols were aggregated in drivers/nutdrv_qx*.{c,h} as a common core and
clean separate sources for vendor nuances.

In order for us to maintain support for your device in the long run, and
not lose it when old redundant drivers do get dropped, your code
contribution should be relocated to this newer structure, and importantly -
re-tested with your hardware we do not have access to. I hope Daniele
(CC'ed) can clarify this better if you would need assistance.

Sorry about not noticing this earlier,
Jim Klimov