[Nut-upsdev] NUT v2.8.0(-rc1)

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Fri Apr 1 01:58:44 BST 2022

Jim Klimov via Nut-upsdev <nut-upsdev at alioth-lists.debian.net> writes:

>   It is with a [happy] heart that I must proclaim today, that the long
> reign of NUT v2.7.4 is coming to an end. Its anticipated successor of half
> a dozen years, release-in-waiting NUT v2.7.5 has also quietly expired, and
> [won't] be sorely missed. They were survived by the next name in line, NUT
> v2.8.0(-rc1). Le NUT est mort, long live the NUT!

I built v2.8.0-rc1 on NetBSD 9 amd64, make check passed, and
distcheck-light passed.  I do not see any real warnings, just something
about libtool and -lgcc that I don't understand yet.

Next up is trying to package the generated distfile, and running it
against a real UPS (Best Power Fortress 660) and upsc clients.