[Nut-upsdev] Trying to get basic info from a CST1400S on Windows

Glen Bakeman gbakeman at live.com
Wed Oct 12 00:03:44 BST 2022

I'm currently on Windows 10 and want to setup a NUT server so I can
retrieve basic information and do some testing with a client program. By
my own research, it looks like the Cyber Power CST1400S isn't officially
supported, and I'm using the latest build of the Windows binaries
(2.8.0.93-master) so I'm hoping I can troubleshoot here and get
something running on my machine.

nut-scanner reports:

 > nut-scanner.exe
Cannot load XML library (libneon) : The specified module could not be
found.. XML search disabled.
Scanning USB bus.
No start IP, skipping NUT bus (old connect method)
[nutdev1]
         driver = "usbhid-ups"
         port = "auto"
         vendorid = "0764"
         productid = "0501"
         product = "CP1500PFCLCD"
         serial = "000000000000"
         vendor = "CPS"
         bus = "002"

So I've inserted this into a ups.conf file and appended a /pollonly =
"enabled"/ line to work around an I/O error in the driver. I've also
created barebones upsd.conf and upsd.users files to make upsd happy.
upsd starts up ok, although /upsc nutdev1 at localhost ups.status/ reports
"OB" so it seems like it's not reading correctly. Is there anything left
I can do to get a good reading from my UPS?

Glen