[Nut-upsdev] GPIO as NUT driver interface?

Jim Klimov jimklimov+nut at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 16:08:05 GMT 2023

Great, thanks!

Also just for context, this sounded reminiscent of one of the first NUT
drivers, `genericups` (for simple contact-closure support, with IIRC
serial-port connections rather than GPIO).

Nearby there's also a `generic_modbus" name. Wondering if the new driver
should be (similar to) `generic_gpio`.

@Community verdict: Then there was also an effort some years ago to name
drivers with a `nutdrv-*` prefix... WDYT?

As usual, naming is among the hardest problems in IT ;)

Jim