[Nut-upsdev] GPIO as NUT driver interface?

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Wed Feb 22 18:17:10 GMT 2023

Jim Klimov via Nut-upsdev <nut-upsdev at alioth-lists.debian.net> writes:

> Nearby there's also a `generic_modbus" name. Wondering if the new driver
> should be (similar to) `generic_gpio`.

sound good.

It would be nice if there were an abstraction layer for various GPIO
access methods, rather than hard-coding linux, even if there is only one
implementation of the abstraction.  I'm not that clear on GPIO, but I
gather there are differences.  Or maybe there is already a portable GPIO
abstraction library?

> @Community verdict: Then there was also an effort some years ago to name
> drivers with a `nutdrv-*` prefix... WDYT?

I see nutdrv- when used as a driver name to be conent-free.