[Nut-upsdev] nut-scanner -U: device requirements

Łukasz Przeniosło lukasz at przenioslo.com
Thu Mar 30 09:02:15 BST 2023

Hello,
I have a question related to the nut-scanner tool:

https://networkupstools.org/docs/man/nut-scanner.html

It has an option to:

-U | --usb_scan

List all NUT-compatible USB devices currently plugged in.

I am developing a custom USB HID based ups. I am trying to figure out how
to talk to NUT. The first step is how to make nut-scanner to consider my
device as "NUT-compatible" and list it after it is called with -U
parameter. Right now I have a generic hid device with power page set
(0x84), but it ia not listed when scanned.

I would appreciate all help!

--
Łukasz Przeniosło
Przenioslo Electronics & Software