[Nut-upsuser] Belkin F6C550-AVR UPS

Zaid D zaid.box at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 08:59:49 UTC 2005

Hi,
I got a Belkin F6C550-AVR UPS today and was trying to get it working
with NUT, I used the "hidups" driver and got some data out of it,
mainly the following:

battery.charge: 100
battery.runtime: 120
driver.name: hidups
driver.parameter.port: /dev/usb/hiddev0
driver.version: 2.0.0
ups.mfr: Unknown
ups.model: Unknown
ups.serial: Unknown
ups.status: OL

the versions of NUT that I tried were 2.0.0, 2.0.1-rc4 and 2.0.2, I
tried using the "newhidups" driver but it didn't detect the UPS, so I
tried with "hidups" which gave me that output. When doing "lsusb" I
get:

Bus 003 Device 002: ID 050d:0551 Belkin Components

and when I tried to put the UPS in OB mode it worked fine and when I
checked its status using upsc it showed the ups.status to be OB and
the battery charge started decreasing.

Is there any way I can get more data from the UPS? like the current
voltage, AVR status and such?

I have libusb installed, and I'm using a patched 2.6.11.3 kernel.
Thanks.