[Nut-upsuser] Re: Belkin F6C550-AVR UPS

arnaud.quette at mgeups.com arnaud.quette at mgeups.com
Tue Aug 2 08:07:21 UTC 2005

hidups will be abandonned, but according to the results you had,
there are good chances that your UPS will be supported by
newhidups...

> the versions of NUT that I tried were 2.0.0, 2.0.1-rc4 and 2.0.2, I
> tried using the "newhidups" driver but it didn't detect the UPS, so I
> tried with "hidups" which gave me that output. When doing "lsusb" I
> get:

you miss the hotplug file installation and/or completion for
your units.

if you have installed the file from source:
1) copy nut/scripts/hotplug/{libhidups,libhid.usermap}
to /etc/hotplug/usb
2) then chmod a+x /etc/hotplug/usb/libhidups
3) Edit /etc/hotplug/usb/libhid.usermap and add the
following line (on one line!):
libhidups      0x0003      0x050d   0x0551    0x0000       0x0000       0x00         0x00            0x00            0x00            0x00               0x00               0x00000000

4) restart hotplug service (distro dependant) and
unplug/replug your UPS USB cord,
5) relaunch newhidups in debug mode (-DD)

Should tell more things.
Then post back the output, and ask for help to
create belkin-hid.h and to add it to newhidups.

Arnaud Quette
---
... and much more ...