[Nut-upsuser] Driver for Ultra UPS BNT-1000AP

Alexander Rau alexander_rau at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 6 12:03:06 UTC 2005

Hi I purchased an Ultra 1000VA UPS
(http://www.ultraproducts.com/product_details.php?cPath=35&pPath=154&productID=154)
I am trying to use nut with it (I am using gentoo
linux) but can't find the proper driver. The numbers
on the back suggest it might be similar to Black
Knight Pro BNT-1000AP from Powercom
(http://www.powercom-usa.com/ProductDetail.asp?ID=8974).
So I tried the powercom and fentonups drivers as
suggested in the nut compatibility list.

I am getting the following errors:

localhost ~ # /etc/init.d/upsd restart
 * Stopping upsd ...
   [ ok ]
 * Starting upsd ...
Network UPS Tools upsd 2.0.0
Can't connect to UPS [server] (powercom-ttyS0): No
such file or directory
Synchronizing........ giving up
                   [ ok ]
localhost ~ #

and ...

localhost ~ # /etc/init.d/upsd restart
 * Stopping upsd ...
   [ ok ]
 * Starting upsd ...
Network UPS Tools upsd 2.0.0
Can't connect to UPS [server] (fentonups-ttyS0): No
such file or directory
Synchronizing........ giving up
                   [ ok ]
localhost ~ #

Just wondering if anybody had any thoughts...

Thanks

AR