[Nut-upsuser] Re: Variables Scale Bug OR Feature

arnaud.quette at mgeups.com arnaud.quette at mgeups.com
Wed Aug 17 08:07:22 UTC 2005

Hi Alexey,

First:
- Russell doesn't maintain NUT anymore
-  I've forwarded your mail to the nut user mailing list.
Thanks to register there (https://alioth.debian.org/mail/?group_id=30602)
and we'll follow on the thread on it.

> upsc list such variables to me:
>
> =>battery.charge: 1000
> battery.chemistry: PbAc
> battery.runtime: 684
> battery.voltage: 13.7
> driver.name: hidups
> driver.parameter.port: /dev/usb/hiddev0
> driver.version: 2.0.1
> ups.delay.shutdown: -1
> ups.delay.start: 0
> =>ups.load: 520
> ups.mfr: American Power Conversion
> ups.model: Back-UPS RS 500 FW:30.j4.I USB FW:j4
> ups.serial: BB0450020408
> ups.status: OL
>
> I sure that "ups.load: 520" mean 52%, "battery.charge: 1000" actually is 100%.
> Is it a bug? How can NUT scale this variables by 10 OR could you add such
> feature in next releases?

I think this is an exponent handling problem (exponent are
not managed by hidups).
You should try newhidups, which will replace hidups soon,
and which has apc support underway. Note that newhidups
manages exponent (and hosts of other things).

Have a try with the 2.0.3-pre1 release, with newhidups
in debug mode (-DDDDD) and report back the data exposed
at startup.

Arnaud Quette
---
 ... and much more ...