[Nut-upsuser] problem with an MGE Ellipse 650 (Debian Sarge)

Pierre Habouzit madcoder at debian.org
Thu Aug 18 16:11:41 UTC 2005

I've recently bought an MGE 650 that has both cables : USB and Serial.

Since it's used on a server, I'd prefer not to load usb drivers just for
nut. The problem is, either with newhidups or with mge-shut, the driver
instantanly report that the communication with my MGE is lost, and
shotly after that my ups is unavailable.

It never show up again, and nut constantly says that the ups is
unavailable.

I've changed the DEADTIME / MAXLIFE and such settings, but it didn't
changed a thing. I can provide more details about the host if needed.

and please Cc: me, I'm not on the list.

Cheers,
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit