[Nut-upsuser] Re: problem with an MGE Ellipse 650 (Debian Sarge)

arnaud.quette at mgeups.com arnaud.quette at mgeups.com
Mon Aug 22 07:33:21 UTC 2005

Hi Pierre,

first, it's strange that you didn't report this either through the
BTS or directly to MGE as we're Debian Partner...

> I've recently bought an MGE 650 that has both cables : USB and Serial.
>
> Since it's used on a server, I'd prefer not to load usb drivers just for
> nut. The problem is, either with newhidups or with mge-shut, the driver
> instantanly report that the communication with my MGE is lost, and
> shotly after that my ups is unavailable.
>
> It never show up again, and nut constantly says that the ups is
> unavailable.
>
> I've changed the DEADTIME / MAXLIFE and such settings, but it didn't
> changed a thing. I can provide more details about the host if needed.

did you configured /etc/default/nut to both "yes"?
what happends if you launch "mge-shut -DDDDD -a <your_ups>"?
Before doing the above, stop nut and verify the driver is stopped too.
Also check the /etc/nut§* files privileges as per the
/usr/share/doc/nut/README.Debian.gz

This shouldn't be a hard problem to solve.

> and please Cc: me, I'm not on the list.

done

see you,
Arnaud Quette