[Nut-upsuser] Re: MGE Protection Center and Suse

arnaud.quette@mgeups.com arnaud.quette@mgeups.com
Tue, 5 Jul 2005 10:55:37 +0200

Hi Johannes,

> So I Have done what you say but it still not works.
>
> Output from /usr/lib/ups/driver/newhidups -DDDDD auto
> I think its the same error at last. Can i have forget something?

yes, seems to be the same error.
Did you either reboot or unplug/replug the UPS USB cord
after nut installation? hotplug files rules have not been
applied, and it won't succeed until we have that part
working.

What gives you:
- "ls -lR /proc/bus/usb"
- "ls -l /etc/hotplug/usb/"
- "lsusb" as root

what is strange is that I've applied the same procedure
with success, on a SuSE 9.3 with a Protection Center.
The only difference is that I was using PSP. But I only
have a small workaround in it to apply the hotplug
script after installation. Rebooting or unpluging / repluging
the UPS USB cord should do the same...
So we're not far of solving your issue.

Lastly, I'll be on holidays as of this evening until 20/07...

Arnaud