[Nut-upsuser] Re: MGE Protection Center and Suse

Johannes Schatz johannes@dung.de
Tue, 5 Jul 2005 10:16:44 +0200

So I Have done what you say but it still not works.

Output from /usr/lib/ups/driver/newhidups -DDDDD auto

Network UPS Tools: New USB/HID UPS driver 0.23 (2.0.2)

debug level is '5'
Opening new device (0463/FFFF)
Found 0x463
failed to claim USB device, trying 2 more time(s)...
detaching kernel driver from USB device...
failed to detach kernel driver from USB device...
trying again to claim USB device...
failed to claim USB device, trying 1 more time(s)...
detaching kernel driver from USB device...
failed to detach kernel driver from USB device...
trying again to claim USB device...
failed to claim USB device, trying 0 more time(s)...
detaching kernel driver from USB device...
failed to detach kernel driver from USB device...
trying again to claim USB device...
- Unable to fetch manufacturer string
-        Unable to fetch product string
- Unable to fetch serial number string
Unable to get HID descriptor (error sending control message: Operation
not permitted)
Opening new device (0000/0000)
Opening new device (0000/0000)
found 0 (-1)
No USB/HID UPS found

I think its the same error at last. Can i have forget something?

Please help
Johannes