[Nut-upsuser] NUT 2.x causes uhci-usb error messages in syslog.

Tom Murphy 2t6jzma02@sneakemail.com
Wed Jul 6 21:34:27 UTC 2005

Hello,

  For a while I have been running NUT 2.0.0 just fine with my APC Back-UPS RS 800 using the usbhid interface.

  I decided to upgrade to 2.0.2, and all went well (upsc and upsd/upsmon seem happy to talk to the UPS), but I am getting a ton of these messages in my syslog:

Jul  6 17:12:45 yggdrasil kernel: usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 3, frame# 780

Jul  6 17:12:50 yggdrasil kernel: usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 3, frame# 1687

Jul  6 17:12:55 yggdrasil kernel: usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 3, frame# 556

Jul  6 17:13:01 yggdrasil kernel: usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 3, frame# 646

(frame #s are random)

I decided to try and downgrade to 2.0.1, but it had the same problem.

I used the original 2.0.0 source and it's not giving me those error messages anymore.

Kernel is 2.4.27

modules loaded: hid, usb-uhci, usbcore

UPS: APC Back-UPS RS 800

(If my email seems odd, it's because I'm using sneakemail to prevent spammers from mailing me as it seems everyone's email addresses are publicly viewable in the archives.)

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks very much!

Tom