[Nut-upsuser] Re: NUT 2.x causes uhci-usb error messages in syslog.

arnaud.quette at mgeups.com arnaud.quette at mgeups.com
Wed Jul 20 08:19:21 UTC 2005

Hi Tom,

> For a while I have been running NUT 2.0.0 just fine with my APC Back-UPS RS 800 using the usbhid interface.
>
> I decided to upgrade to 2.0.2, and all went well (upsc and upsd/upsmon seem happy to talk to the UPS),
> but I am getting a ton of these messages in my syslog:
>
> Jul  6 17:12:45 yggdrasil kernel: usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 3, frame# 780
> (frame #s are random)

this should be due to the call of "HIDIOCINITREPORT" before getting
each report (== data).
This was needed for some APC models, but seems to cause problems
to others... Does your driver continue to update data?

Anyway, your best bet is to try newhidups, as this one will soon replace
the old linux only hidups.

But there are point missing (not sure, as it seems the shutoff (== ups
poweroff) is not supported for APC in hidups), that are under investigation
by APC users... If you want to join, you're welcome.

Arnaud