[Nut-upsuser] Re: MGE Protection Center and Suse

arnaud.quette at mgeups.com arnaud.quette at mgeups.com
Wed Jul 20 14:09:56 UTC 2005

Hi,

back from holidays...

> > So, try the following (as root):
> > - "export USB_DEBUG=3"
> > - "/usr/lib/ups/driver/newhidups -DDDDD auto"
> > - if that doesn't work, try "/usr/lib/ups/driver/newhidups -DDDDD -u
> > nobody auto"
>
> Ok done but the same Permisson Error.
> Try with -u root

you should have add the "-DDDDD" to see newhidups' internal trace...

thanks to test this again (with "-u nobody") with the above
instructions, and to do an "ls -l" on the device (ie below: "/proc/bus/usb/001/002")
The more information we have at once, the quicker we can solve
the problem.

> So I think I got a hotplug problem.

it seems, but I'm still unsure as I've succeeded doing the
same tests on the same SuSE release.

Arnaud