[Nut-upsuser] Re: Belkin F6C1100-UNV

arnaud.quette at mgeups.com arnaud.quette at mgeups.com
Thu Jul 21 06:58:53 UTC 2005

Hi Dave,

> I just bought a Belkin F6C1100-UNV and am trying to get it to work
> with NUT.  I have tried many drivers ( "belkin", "belkinunv",
> "genericups upstype=4", and "genericups upstype=7",
> "bestups", "fentonups").  None of them seem to work.  Does anyone have
> any experience with this device?

according to the model name, the belkinunv driver should
be the right one... Did you try to launch it in debug mode
to see what happened (ie using "belkinunv -DDDDD -a ...)

I've seen in your latter post, about nut-html, that you've
got something working. What driver did you use?

> If there is some utility that you all use to gather data from the
> device... for building drivers... let me know.  I'm more than happy to
> help.

sadly, no. It depends on the protocol used.
Your best bet is to try belkinunv, maybe add some
more trace and possibly extend the driver if needed
(ie add another ID string, make the driver more
generic, ...).

As a last question, is it a serial or an USB model?

Arnaud
---
... and much more ...