[Nut-upsuser] MGE Evolution 1500 on Debian

Fnor fnor2 at free.fr
Tue Jul 19 12:13:18 UTC 2005

Hello,

I'm using an MGE Evolution 1500 with a Debian Sarge 2.4.27 smp server.
NUT is using the mge-utalk driver.
[ups1500]
     driver = mge-utalk
     port = /dev/ttyS0

Seens I did a test.battery.start, my UPS goes off (beep!) once per week
(same day, same hour). I guess there should be a very easy explanation
for this, unfortunatly, I haven't found it yet.

I've tried to upgrade to nut-2.0.2 (Etch package), my ups.status is now
changing from: "OL CHRG OFF" to "OFF BYPASS" or "Data stale".

I've then switch back to nut-2.0.1 (Sarge package) and the UPS is
reported as "OL CHRG".

This is strange behaviour for me. Should I use mge-shut instead? Is the
mge-utalk driver report is wrong in nut-2.0.1?

Thanks for any help

David