[Nut-upsuser] Re: NUT 2.x causes uhci-usb error messages in syslog.

arnaud.quette at mgeups.com arnaud.quette at mgeups.com
Fri Jul 22 15:54:35 UTC 2005

> I did as you suggested, but got the following back:
>
> Network UPS Tools: New USB/HID UPS driver 0.23 (2.0.2)
> Opening new device (051D/0002)
> Found 0x51d
> failed to claim USB device, trying 2 more time(s)...
> detaching kernel driver from USB device...
> failed to detach kernel driver from USB device...

this is a hotplug problem

- Copy the files libhidups and libhid.usermap (from nut/scripts/hotplug)
to /etc/hotplug/usb. libhidups might be adapted to the nut user of your
system (ie "nut" on RH)
- Change the perms on /etc/hotplug/usb/libhidups to 755 (ie using chmod +x ...)
- unplug / replug your USB cord
- relaunch newhidups in debug mode

it should now work...

Arnaud