[Nut-upsuser] Re: NUT 2.x causes uhci-usb error messages in syslog.

Tom Murphy 2t6jzma02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Jul 20 15:22:39 UTC 2005

Hi Arnaud,

I did as you suggested, but got the following back:

Network UPS Tools: New USB/HID UPS driver 0.23 (2.0.2)

debug level is '5'
Opening new device (0000/0000)
Opening new device (043D/007A)
Opening new device (413C/5105)
Opening new device (413C/5106)
Opening new device (051D/0002)
Found 0x51d
failed to claim USB device, trying 2 more time(s)...
detaching kernel driver from USB device...
failed to detach kernel driver from USB device...
trying again to claim USB device...
failed to claim USB device, trying 1 more time(s)...
detaching kernel driver from USB device...
failed to detach kernel driver from USB device...
trying again to claim USB device...
failed to claim USB device, trying 0 more time(s)...
detaching kernel driver from USB device...
failed to detach kernel driver from USB device...
trying again to claim USB device...
- Unable to fetch manufacturer string
- Unable to fetch product string
- Unable to fetch serial number string
Unable to get HID descriptor (error sending control message: Operation not
permitted)
found 0 (-1)
No USB/HID UPS found

Thanks,