[Nut-upsuser] Re: Setting variables via config file

arnaud.quette at mgeups.com arnaud.quette at mgeups.com
Tue Jul 26 14:58:31 UTC 2005

Hi Thomas,

> Is there a way to set the "battery.charge.restart" variable
> via the configuration file or is "upsrw" the only way?
>
> If it's possible via the configure file,
> how is the file supposed to look?

sadly, there is not yet a way to do it via config
(ups.conf would be the file). Currently, the only
way is via upsrw. Generally, that kind of data are
stored on the UPS when set, but if it isn't the case,
the settings is lost when nut stops.

I have plan to do so for some times now, as
I've several variables that are redundant between
the driver.* and the ups.* collections (ie ups.delay.*, ...)
and also as I like to standardise things...

I still have some investigation to be done before this
can be applied, but basically, you will only have to add
the variable name and its value in ups.conf, ie:
[myups]
      driver = drv
      port = port
      ups.delay.shutdown = 10