[Nut-upsuser] Tripplite and newhidups (was: USB UPS Question...)

arnaud.quette@mgeups.com arnaud.quette@mgeups.com
Thu, 23 Jun 2005 09:58:41 +0200

Hello,

> I have been trying to get a TrippLite Internet Office 750 UPS to talk to
> my Linux PBX for a couple of evenings now and I'm getting nowhere...  I
> tried searching the list archives before posting here (I'm sure I'm not
> the first one to try to get this going) but they seem to be offline...

I don't have the previous threads in memory, and the old
lists are offline, so we'll dig a new time.

> The UPS is unfortunately USB based but I thought I'd give it a try
> anyway.  Here is what I was able to do so far...

drop hidups, as it will soon be abandonned to the profit
of newhidups...

> I tried using the "newhidups" driver but I can't get it to compile:
>
> [root@mypbx drivers]# make newhidups
> gcc -I../include -O -Wall -Wsign-compare  -o newhidups newhidups.o
> I do have the libraries AFAIK:
>
> [root@mypbx nut-2.0.1]# rpm -qa |grep usb
> usbutils-0.11-1
> libusb-devel-0.1.6-3
> libusb-0.1.6-3

it might be due to the version. newhidups needs 0.1.8
at least, to unbind hiddev from the device...
Try to upgrade libusb[-devel] and recompile

once done, launch newhidups in debug mode (newhidups -DDDDD auto)
and send us back the output. We'll see what data are supported
and how we can add this to newhidups (if possible).
IIRC, there was some non standard HID usage, and few data.
That maybe also was Tripplite that implemented its serial
protocol over HID (non sense!)

Arnaud
---
... and much more ...