[Nut-upsuser] Re: cannnot load drivers for a Belkin F6C800-UNV

Drew drew.kay at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 02:28:01 UTC 2005

> Perhaps a permissions problem. Please run the driver as root, as follows:
>
> ./drivers/newhidups -u root -DD -a belkin

Just ran it and it seems to work. Output is as follows:

---
yuna nut # ./drivers/newhidups -u root -DD -a belkin
Network UPS Tools: New USB/HID UPS driver 0.28 (2.1.0)

debug level is '2'
Checking device (050D/0980) (003/006)
- VendorID: 050d
- ProductID: 0980
- Manufacturer:
- Product: UPS
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 003
Trying to match device
Device matches
failed to claim USB device, trying 2 more time(s)...
detaching kernel driver from USB device...
trying again to claim USB device...
HID descriptor retrieved (Reportlen = 820)
Report descriptor retrieved (Reportlen = 820)
Found HID device
Report Descriptor size = 820
Detected a UPS:        /UPS
Using subdriver: Belkin HID 0.1

(Then a whole raft of UPS properties get displayed and polling those
properties starts)
---

> This should either work, or produce some useable debugging output. If
> you get this to work, we can then look at how to get upsdrvctl to do
> the right thing.
>
> By the way, what OS/kernel are you running? It doesn't seem to be Linux.
> -- Peter

It is Linux actually. Gentoo on a vanilla kernel, version 2.6.14 to be exact.

-Drew