[Nut-upsuser] upsdrvctl Unhandled Exception - hipups

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 21:53:00 UTC 2005

On 10/17/05, John Moore <jbm at microps.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
>    When starting upsdrvctl with the hipups driver, I get the following
> "addtional" output
>
>    Unhandled Event 0x840073 (0)
>    Ignoring x86 page event 0xff86002 (0)
>    Ignoring x86 page event 0xff860029 (34)

If you have a chance, please test the newhidups driver. The old hidups
driver is in end-of-life status. There have been some vast
improvements in APC HID support in newhidups recently.

Any event starting with 0xff is vendor-specific, but in the case of
APC, I think newhidups handles some of them (and is less verbose about
ones it doesn't recognize).

--
- Charles Lepple