[Nut-upsuser] upsdrvctl Unhandled Exception - hipups

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 22:39:46 UTC 2005

On 10/23/05, John Moore <jbm at microps.com> wrote:
> http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man8/newhidups.8.html
>
>  Indicates it needs  at least a 2.4.25 or 2.6.2 kernel..  I'm running
> 2.4.30 so that should work.

I believe that restriction only applies to MGE hardware. If you are
using libhid 0.10a, you should not have any problems.

> This site indicate that it only supports MGE
> UPS System models..?? I'm using APC systems.  I assume that what is
> included in NUTs is going to work for APC systems...????

I'll have to go back and check which version introduced support for
non-MGE HID UPSes.

> Found another note that  newhidups needs at least the  0.1.8 of the
> libusb packages..
> I could not find any rpms greater than 0.1.7 or RH9 so I have downloaded
> 0.1.10a source and will see how that goes..

Isn't there a Fedora Legacy project that is backporting some packages
to RH9 as well?

> BTW  could not find libusb-devel as a separate package..  Excuse my
> ignorance, but am I to assume that libusb-devel "files" are included in
> the source for 0.1.10a ??

Right. The RPMs split the original libusb package into "libusb",
"libusb-devel", and possibly "libusb-debug". But if you do a "make
install" from the original source package, you will get everything you
need to compile and run.

--
- Charles Lepple