[Nut-upsuser] TrippLite/Compiling on FreeBSD

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 21:50:18 UTC 2005

On 9/26/05, Charles Sprickman <spork at bway.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wanted to see if there's any chance that NUT will support a few new
> TrippLite UPSes that we just bought:
>
> Sep  9 01:42:25 miko /kernel: uhid0: TRIPP LITE TRIPP LITE OMNIVS1500XL,
> rev 1.1

That unit will most likey not be supported by newhidups, but there is
a separate tripplite_usb driver that should recognize it.

The trick may be getting libusb in *BSD to recognize it:

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsdev/2005-September/000138.html

> I grabbed the devel sources via cvs, but am having trouble building it
> when I enable the "newhidups" driver:

Try just running 'gmake tripplite_usb' in the drivers directory, and
if that works, './tripplite_usb -DDDDD auto'

--
- Charles Lepple