[Nut-upsuser] TrippLite/Compiling on FreeBSD

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Mon Sep 26 21:55:53 UTC 2005

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005, Charles Lepple wrote:

> On 9/26/05, Charles Sprickman <spork at bway.net> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I wanted to see if there's any chance that NUT will support a few new
>> TrippLite UPSes that we just bought:
>>
>> Sep  9 01:42:25 miko /kernel: uhid0: TRIPP LITE TRIPP LITE OMNIVS1500XL,
>> rev 1.1
>
> That unit will most likey not be supported by newhidups, but there is
> a separate tripplite_usb driver that should recognize it.

Excellent!

> The trick may be getting libusb in *BSD to recognize it:
>
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsdev/2005-September/000138.html

I'll take a look at that.

>> I grabbed the devel sources via cvs, but am having trouble building it
>> when I enable the "newhidups" driver:
>
> Try just running 'gmake tripplite_usb' in the drivers directory, and
> if that works, './tripplite_usb -DDDDD auto'

That bombs out as well:

root at miko[/usr/local/src/nut/drivers]# gmake tripplite_usb
gcc -I../include -O -Wall -Wsign-compare -I/usr/local/include -c
tripplite_usb.ctripplite_usb.c: In function `upsdrv_initups':
tripplite_usb.c:568: too few arguments to function `HIDDumpTree'
tripplite_usb.c: At top level:
tripplite_usb.c:134: warning: `bootdelay' defined but not used
gmake: *** [tripplite_usb.o] Error 1

This is FreeBSD 4.11, just for reference.  I looked at the patches in the
FreeBSD port for the released version of NUT and didn't see much of
anything beyond a few changes in the Makefile.

I'm assuming that 2.0.2 does not support this UPS, correct?  As that does
build clean.

Thanks,

Charles