[Nut-upsuser] Re: F6H500ukUNV working with fentonups driver

Carlos Rodrigues carlos.efr at mail.telepac.pt
Mon Apr 3 22:52:09 UTC 2006

On 4/3/06, Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The Belkin is connected using the serial cable but this is through a
> > usb/serial convertor. so the port is /dev/ttyUSB0
> >
> > The fentonups driver identifies the Belkin as 'BELKIN PowerPure
> > aster' (Not a mis-type it is 'aster')
>
> probably a fentonups bug (I've previously seen that kind of truncation...)

The identification string has fields with a fixed number of characters
(space filled), maybe "fentonups" is just splitting them wrong.

> > Anyway - I just wanted to let you know and also thankyou for you work on
> > nut.
>
> as there are chances that the fentonups will also be replaced by the
> megatec driver, can you give a try to it with the NUT 2.1 in
> subversion:
> http://eu1.networkupstools.org/source.html
>
> @Carlos: can you check to update the compat list, and further testing
> with Patrick?

Patrick, can you try the "powermust" driver? Maybe it calculates the
battery charge better (if it doesn't, you can send me the output of
"upsc" when the UPS is fully charged, and when it hits low battery).

--
Carlos Rodrigues