[Nut-upsuser] MGE UPS Comet EX RT 7 not setting LB

Philippe Marzouk phil at ozigo.org
Wed Apr 5 21:52:35 UTC 2006

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 03:04:11PM +0200, Arnaud Quette wrote:
> 2006/3/31, Philippe Marzouk <phil at ozigo.org>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just got at work an MGE UPS Comet EX RT 7 and I can communicate fine
> > with it through mge-shut, it detects correctly when on battery.
> >
> > I am using Nut 2.0.3 on Linux (RHEL 3).
> > driver.parameter.lowbatt: 98
> >
> > but the ups reaches this value, goes to 97% and still no LB.
> >
> > I tried to change, in the ups firmware, the threshold for pre-alarm to
> > 98% and the ups started its shutdown sequence however nut would still
> > not get LB in ups.status so no shutdown.
> >
> > Any ideas I do not get the LB status ?
>
> this was a lack: LB can be detected through 2 HID paths, of which 1
> was missing (in shut, not newhidups). Fixed and validated.

Thanks, I could not yet test it as the computer room is still
experiencing electricity troubles but I'll do it as soon as I can.

> > NB: to Arnaud, the model is not correctly detected, I get a "null" model
> > name:
> >
> > Detected (null) [1C0F47062] on /dev/ttyS0
>
> Fixed too.
>
> Added in trunk and Testing, so this will be available in 2.0.4.

This is now OK however there is a cosmetic issue:

input.frequency: 500

instead of 50.

I checked on my Ellips units at home running Debian and Nut 2.0.3, the
frequency is the expected 50 so this is specific to this unit it seems.

Philippe