[Nut-upsuser] Powerware 9120 serial connection via USB/serialdongle

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at telia.com
Mon Apr 10 15:18:36 UTC 2006

Ok Ken.

The thing is that if you have run it on the serial before you go
to use the bcmxcp_usb driver it should be set to 'request_only_mode'.

The difference between the 'requested_only_mode' and 'unrequsted_mode'
is that in requsted mode you have to ask the ups for data. But in unrequsted_mode
it send's data in intervals.

Normaly it runs in requested mode, but if it have been set to unrequested it may
upset the receiving of the data.  This is going to be done in the bcmxcp_usb driver
also.

Regards
Kjell (Part developer of bcmxcp driver)