[Nut-upsuser] SOS : Help needed for UPS Centralion Blazer2000VAUSB

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at telia.com
Fri Apr 14 18:41:07 UTC 2006

Hi Guillaume,

I think you got a 'hid' ups. It shows all the right descriptors to
comply with the ups hid document.
http://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs/pdcv10.pdf

Look at Device descriptor on page 46.

The 'USB to Serial' is reported from lsusb as it is in
the list. Like if cypress and product 2 then it is a
usb to serial.

So what you have to do is to trick the newhidups driver to
find the ups.

You can set
-------------------
generic
vendorid=0665
------------------
In the define tag of your ups in 'ups.conf'
(Check the man page for newhidups)

Now you have to run it with debug

./newhidups -DDDD -u root -a blazer2000usb

As it don't do much when generic is defined.

If this seems to give something back, put it on the
mail list and we go from there.

If it was a serial with some 'proprietary' protocol it
should say class = ff on the interface, and not 03 that
say it is a hid device.

Regards
Kjell