[Nut-upsuser] Connectiion to UPS via SNMP

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at telia.com
Thu Aug 3 10:40:08 UTC 2006

Ok
tor 2006-08-03 klockan 11:29 +0200 skrev Daniel Haas:
8<------snip-----

> > Looks like you have to check your upsmon.conf. You should be
> > monitoring GE_LP33 at 136.8.4.14 not smnp. Also check the ACl in
> > upsd.conf if you run the monitor on another computer then the
> > upsd.
>
> Sorry. I sent you an old ups.conf. I changed the name for Troubleshooting. Here is the actual one:
> [snmp]
> 	driver = snmp-ups
> 	port = 136.8.4.14

That is ok.

> And here are my other (actual) configs:
>
> upsd.conf
> ACL all 0.0.0.0/0
> ACL localhost 127.0.0.1/32
> ACL mynet 136.8.4.0/255.255.252.0
> ACCEPT localhost mynet
> REJECT all
>
> upsd.user
> [admin]
> 	password = mypass
> 	allowfrom = localhost
> 	actions = SET
> 	instcmds = ALL
>
> [monuser]
> 	password = mypass
> 	allowfrom = localhost
> 	upsmon master
>
> upsmon.conf
> MONITOR snmp at 136.8.4.14 1 monuser mypass master

If you run the monitor on the same machine as the upsd you should
have 'MONITOR snmp at localhost 1 monuser mypass master' in the
upsmon.conf.

The driver is talking to the ups snmpcard then the upsd talk to
all the driver and upsmon talk to the upsd.

That is why you have an access list to the upsd. If the monitor
is on another computer, give the ip to the computer running the upsd
and driver.

Regards
Kjell

P.S. Looks like my isp is blocking mail to nut-upsusers list.